The Floyd County Indiana Community/Public Health Nurse assists in providing the following:
- Family and community preventive health care education
- Assistance to patients in obtaining medical treatment and health care services within the county.
- Health education for the community through films, talks, and written materials, to assist individuals in gaining knowledge about health risks and health care procedures
- Disease prevention guidelines
- Collaborative relationships with public, private, and welfare agencies for the betterment of services throughout the community
- Community health awareness via news and other media
- Selected health screenings
- Glucose screenings
- Blood pressure screenings
- Flu shots
- Pneumonia shots
- TB screening - by appointment
- Visits to senior centers and child care facilities for screening and shots
For more information contact the Floyd County Health Department at Ph#812-948-4726.
Medical Record Release Information:
Provided below are two downloadable PDF files to be completed when requesting the release of your medical information from the Floyd County Health Department.
- Click here if you will be coming to the Health Department in person to retrieve your medical history information.
- Click here if you will be sending someone on your behalf to the Health Department to retrieve your medical history information.